THE MODERN LANGUAGES & CULTURES
The LANGUAGE LAB is an integral part of The Department of Modern Languages and Cultures and serves as an extension of the classroom with the goal of enhancing all phases of the language learning process. Students will find a relaxed environment in which they are encouraged to work on improving reading and listening comprehension, writing, grammar, pronunciation and speaking skills. It provides support to both students and faculty across all levels of instruction. Its purpose is to empower students to reach proficiency in one or more languages through exposure to a myriad of enrichment activities and resources.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM except during holidays
Where is the Lab?
The Language Laboratory is located in the Arts and Sciences Building in Rooms 271 and 273.
Be sure to bring your bobcat ID to swipe for signing in and out of the Lab. This will ensure that you get credit for the amount of lab time you complete. A record of your hours will be sent to your instructor at the end of the semester.
The Tutoring/Study Room - Room 273
The Language Lab offers tutoring to students outside of the classroom. Dedicated tutors share their passion for languages by giving one-on-one assistance to students needing help with grammar, pronunciation, speaking and writing. This room houses eight fully-equipped computer stations where students can access lab and homework assignments while working at their own pace in a quiet environment.
MLC Lab Classroom - Room 271
The MLC Lab classroom is available by reservation to instructors who wish to meet in the lab with their students for activities or tests. It is a 30-seat facility equipped with computers and language instruction software.
- Videos, CD’s, texts, software, and online resources to accompany textbooks used in courses
- Audio assignments in a variety of languages designed by instructors for students’ self-study
- Computer-based language learning software and online resources in Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- Feature films, documentaries and educational videos in French, German, Spanish and Russian
- Foreign language reading materials, such as literature, online/paper-based magazines and online newspapers
- Reference aids: monolingual /bilingual dictionaries, workbooks, textbooks and grammar texts
Language Lab Contact Information:
271 Arts & Sciences
Language Lab Coordinator: