Music Therapy Graduate Program Admission Requirements
Applicant must have a bachelors degree in music therapy that included an internship in an approved program or have completed a degree equivalency program that included an internship in an approved program and have shown evidence of certification with the CBMT or be listed in the Music Therapy Registry for non-board-certified music therapists. Applicant must also have permission of the instructor for admission to Master of Music Therapy Degree program and have basic knowledge of computer operating system, word processing skills, use of email, and an email address.
Regular Admission Requirements
The following formula is used to determine eligibility for REGULAR
- GRE score (verbal + quantitative) + GPA (cumulative) x 100 =
1200 or more.
- MAT score (minimum 385) + [GPA (upper division) X 100] = 700 or more.
In addition to meeting the formula for admission, applicants must:
- Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. If previous graduate work has been completed, have a grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Have completed a bachelor's degree in music therapy, including an internship in an approved program, or have completed a degree equivalency program, including an internship in an approved program.
- Show evidence of certification with the CBMT or be listed in the Music Therapy Registry for non-board-certified music therapists.
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references.
- Have access to a computer with Internet connection. Due to rapid changes, specific computer system requirements will be specified upon acceptance.
Provisional Admission Requirements
Students will be eligible for provisional admission in the following
- GRE score (verbal + quantitative) + GPA (cumulative) x 100 = 1100-1199.
- MAT score (minimum 385) + [GPA (upper division) X 100] = 660-669. To gain regular admission, provisional students must complete 12 hours of graduate coursework at GC with no less than a "B" in each course approved by the Graduate Coordinator and by the Director of Music Therapy Programs.
Equivalency/Master Admission Requirements
Students may be admitted jointly to the Degree Equivalency/Master
of Music Therapy Program. The Degree Equivalency Program
must be completed on the GC campus. Supportive field
courses for the Master of Music Therapy Program and core Music
Therapy Master courses may be taken with the instructor's permission. Students must:
- Be eligible for admission to the Degree Equivalency Program (See undergraduate catalog for requirements).
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Have successfully completed the GRE or MAT according to GC's minimum acceptable scores.
Students seeking to enroll into the graduate study programs at Georgia College may complete an application online or return it to the Georgia College, Main Campus, Graduate Admissions Office, Campus Box 107, Milledgeville, GA 31061. There is a non-refundable application fee. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office at 800-342-0471 (in Georgia) or (478) 445-6289. After consultation with music therapy advisor, enrollment may be completed on-line during designated times.
Dr. Patrick Varallo
Director of Art Therapy Graduate Program
Campus Box 67
Milledgeville, GA 31061