Applying to the Program
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program begins each year with the summer semester. Students are admitted as a cohort and progress through the program together.
DNP Application Deadline: January 13, 2015
- All required application documents must be received by Graduate Admissions by the end of the business day on January 13th. No deadline exceptions will be made.
- To allow for any possible delay in transcript or test score transmission, applicants are encouraged to begin the application process six to eight weeks prior to the deadline.
- Interviews will be held during the week of February 9th - 13th.
- Notification of admission status will be received by March 6th.
The GC DNP program is competitive, and all spaces may be filled during January admissions. In the event that we have unfilled spaces in the cohort, GC accepts late admission until March 30th. Contact Graduate Admissions to inquire if space remains available and applications are being accepted.
An application is complete when all of the following have been submitted to Graduate Admissions.
Apply online or mail your completed Application for Admission to the MSN program to the Graduate Admissions Office, Georgia College & State University, CBX 107, Milledgeville, GA 31061. For information regarding the admissions process or to check on your admission status, e-mail Grad-Admit@gcsu.edu.
- Application form and non-refundable application fee: $35 online, $40 paper
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges/universities attended
- Copy of RN appropriate to the state where the capstone courses will be completed
- Verification of APRN certification if applicable
- Two statements of recommendations (.doc) from professionals who can speak to the applicant’s practice experience, project management, leadership, and potential for success in doctoral studies. Letters should be in a sealed envelope with the writer’s signature across the seal.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of professional goals
- Verification of 500 faculty supervised clinical hours (.doc)
- Once your application is complete, you will be notified of the date and time for an interview. Interviews will be face to face or can also be arranged by phone or video conferencing.
- A writing exercise will be administered at the time of the interview.
Am I required to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)?
The GRE is not required.
Is the DNP program accredited?
Yes! The Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) program at Georgia College & State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
Dr. Deborah MacMillan
Assistant Director Graduate Program
School of Nursing
Macon Graduate Center
Macon, GA 31201
478-752-1074 - office
478-747-0986 - cell