Admission Requirements for BS in Nursing
An applicant who meets Georgia College requirements may be admitted to the university for any academic term and be classified as a pre-nursing student. The admission enables the student to take general education courses only.
Acceptance as a pre-nursing student does not guarantee
progression into the upper division nursing major.
Formula for Admission
An admission score is calculated for each BSN applicant. The score is comprised of overall GPA, TEAS score and SAT or ACT
score. Each item is weighted as 1/3 of the admission score.
The top overall scores are the students that are admitted to the
program. There currently is no interview, essay or letter of
Enrollment in the nursing major is limited to the most qualified students as determined by the Admission and Progression Committee of the School of Nursing.
The criteria upon which admission to the upper division nursing major is based are:
1. Acceptance to the University.
2. Completion of the core curriculum before entrance into the
3. Must have a grade of "C" or higher in all of the following
courses: English 1101, all Area F courses, Area D sciences,
NRSG 2790 and MATH 2600 (Probability & Statistics).
4. Take the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) before the
deadline stated on the nursing application. The TEAS is available
at the GC Testing Center and other locations nationwide. More
information regarding the TEAS test can be found at the
GC Center for Testing website.
5. Take the SAT or ACT and submit the scores to the GC
Registrar's Office prior to the deadline on the nursing
6. Must successfully complete the Regents and Legislative
7. Overall grade point average of at least 2.75. A GPA
of 2.75 does not guarantee admission. Admission is competitive.
School of Nursing
College of Health Sciences
Campus Box 63
Milledgeville, GA 31061