Admission Requirements for BS in Nursing
An applicant who meets Georgia College requirements may be admitted to the university for any academic term and be classified as a pre-nursing student. The admission enables the student to take general education courses only.
Acceptance as a pre-nursing student does not guarantee
progression into the upper division nursing major.
Acceptance to the BSN Program
An admission score is calculated for each BSN applicant. The score is based on a formula approved by the School of Nursing Admissions Committee. Students are required to have a TEAS score and SAT/ACT score. There currently is no interview, essay or letter of recommendation required.
Enrollment in the nursing major is limited to the most qualified students as determined by the Admission and Progression Committee of the School of Nursing.
The criteria upon which admission to the upper division nursing major is based are:
1. Acceptance to the University. The student must be in good
academic standing at the time of application and at the time of
entry to the nursing program.
2. Completion of a minimum of 2 science courses with a “C” or
higher prior to application. Completion of the core curriculum
before entrance to the program.
3. Achievement of a grade of “C” or higher in all of the following
courses: ENGL 1101, all Area F courses, NRSG 2790 and
MATH 2600. If a “D” or “F” has previously been earned in any
of these courses it must be replaced with a “C” or better prior to
application to the BSN program.
4. Completion of the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills,
current version) at least 7 days prior to the deadline for
applications. The TEAS is available at the GC testing Center
and other locations nationwide. Additional information is
available at: GC Center for Testing.
5. Submission of SAT or ACT scores to the GC Registrar’s Office
prior to the application deadline.
6. Completion of the USG Regents and Legislative requirements.
7. Achievement of a minimum GPA of 2.75. A GPA of 2.75 does
not guarantee admission. Admission is very competitive.
School of Nursing
College of Health Sciences
Campus Box 63
Milledgeville, GA 31061