ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MSN DEGREE
Admission is limited to the most qualified applicants. Applicants shall:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited program.
- Provide evidence of current licensure as a registered nurse and eligibility for licensure in Georgia. If the student expects to complete any clinical learning in the state, a Georgia RN license is required. At least one year of clinical practice is encouraged, additional clinical experience is preferred.
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 undergraduate hours required in the nursing major.
- Have successfully completed an undergraduate level statistics course and have successfully completed a physical assessment course.
- Provide a GRE Score taken within the last 5 years.
- Submit Two Statements of Recommendation (.doc)
- Submit Statement of Professional Goals.
- Participate in an interview.
- Onsite writing exercise administered at time of interview.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
For more information about the graduate nursing program options, please contact:
Dr. Deborah MacMillan
Assistant Director Graduate Program
School of Nursing
Macon Graduate Center
Macon, GA 31201