Regular Admission Requirements
In addition to the requirements for admission to the University, the MSN applicant must have:
- A BSN degree from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited
- A GPA of 2.75 or higher in 3000 and 4000 level courses
for their BSN major.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate statistics course and a physical assessment course.
- Completion of Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
Formula for Admission Decisions
- GPA for upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level BSN courses must be 2.75 or higher).
- GRE score (verbal + quantitative) + [GPA (upper division nursing-required coursework) X 100] = 474 or more (GRE taken on or after August 1, 2011)
- GRE score (verbal + quantitative) + [GPA (upper division nursing-required coursework) X 100] = 1200 or more (GRE taken before August 1, 2011)
- MAT scaled score (minimum of 385) + (Nursing upper division GPA x 100) must equal or exceed 700 for regular admission.
- For more information regarding graduate admission, please refer to the Graduate Catalog.
Nursing Program Requirements
- Current license to practice as a RN in Georgia*
- Current liability insurance coverage in the student role*
- Current immunizations required for university admission plus
PPD or chest x-ray, Rubella titer, Varicella titer, and other
lab test as specified by clinical agencies.*
- Orientation documents as required by facilities.*
- Background check*
- Current CPR - adult and child*
- Current health insurance coverage*
- Recent physical examination*
- Participation in a personal interview if requested
- Computer access with a current version of MS Office and
updated virus protection plus proficiency with word
processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, PowerPoint, and basic
* Required for enrollment in clinical courses. Annual updates required for progression in clinical courses.
For more information about the graduate nursing program options, please contact:
Dr. Deborah MacMillan
Assistant Director Graduate Program
School of Nursing
Macon Graduate Center
Macon, GA 31201
478-752-1074 - office
478-747-0986 - cell