Applying to the Graduate Nursing Program
The Master of Science in Nursing program begins each year with summer semester. Students are admitted as a cohort and progress through the program together.
Degree seeking students will be admitted once a year beginning summer semester. Enrichment students are admitted each semester.
Apply online or mail your completed Application for Admission to the MSN program to the Graduate Admissions Office, GC, CBX 107, Milledgeville, GA 31061. For information regarding the admissions process or to check on your admission status, e-mail
MSN Application Deadline January 15, 2014
- All required application documents must be received by Graduate Admissions by close of business on January 15th. No deadline exceptions will be made.
- To allow for any possible delay in transcript or test score transmission, applicants are encouraged to begin the application process 6 to 8 weeks prior to the deadline.
- Interviews will be held during the week of February 10- 14.
- Notification of admission status will be received by March 7.
The GC MSN program is very competitive, and all spaces are normally filled during January admissions. In the unlikely event that we have unfilled spaces in the cohort, GC accepts late admission until March 31. Contact Graduate Admissions to inquire if space remains available and applications are being accepted.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MSN DEGREE
Admission is limited to the most qualified applicants. Applicants shall:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited program.
- Provide evidence of current licensure as a registered nurse and eligibility for licensure in Georgia. If the student expects to complete any clinical learning in the state, a Georgia RN license is required. At least one year of clinical practice is encouraged, additional clinical experience is preferred.
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 undergraduate hours required in the nursing major.
- Have successfully completed an undergraduate level statistics course and have successfully completed a physical assessment course.
- Provide a GRE Score taken within the last 5 years.
- Submit two Statements of Recommendation (.doc)
- Submit Statement of Professional Goals.
- Participate in an interview.
- Onsite writing exercise administered at time of interview.
Dr. Deborah MacMillan
Assistant Director Graduate Program
School of Nursing
Macon Graduate Center
Macon, GA 31201
478-752-1074 - office
478-747-0986 - cell