Outdoor Recreation Education
• Fun • Fitness • Nature • Friends •
Have you ever wanted to do something different in your spare time, or learn a new skill like canoeing or climbing, or meet new people who like to do the same thing you do? The Outdoor Center is a great place to discover how exciting outdoor recreation can be. Whether you want to spend an afternoon paddling on Lake Sinclair with your family, take your scout troop out for a day of rock climbing at a Southeastern crag, or discover just how much fun backpacking can be, we will work with you to design a program that fits your needs - or you may find that we already offer an open enrollment program for you or a member of your family. We offer healthy and exciting ways to meet new people or hang out with old friends. A program with the Outdoor Center is the perfect way to feed your passion for adventure!
Our programs give you the opportunity to do unique things and visit new places with experienced guides. Not only are our programs fun and unique, they are low stress and easy to plan. Tell us what you would like and we will take care of all the logistics. If you are interested in a certain activity or creating a special program, give us a call or email us and we will be happy to work with you.
Among some of the locations we use are:
- Rocky Creek Recreation Area on Lake Sinclair, Georgia
- Pine Mountain Trail in FDR State Park, Georgia
- Rock climbing sites at Sandrock, Alabama
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Chattooga River Trail, Georgia
- Cohutta Wilderness Area, Georgia
- Oconee River, Georgia
- Pincotti Wilderness Area
- Ocoee River, Tennessee
We also offer:
- Day or multi-day residential or trip programs for school groups
- Outdoor recreation education clinics in climbing, canoeing, outdoor living skills, kayaking
- If we don't offer it, ask us, we can usually direct you to a vendor or work with a vendor who does!
The Outdoor Center at Georgia College
Campus Box 125
Milledgeville, GA 31061