Facility Usage Guidelines
Below are the basic rules that apply to all University Facilities. Additional details on specific facilities can be found in the links below.
1. All functions desiring use of University facilities should complete the online R25 request form. Facility requests are not deemed approved until an official confirmation has been provided from R25.
2. For large-scale facility rentals, a service agreement and/or a release/waiver of liability may be required.
3. All requests for facility usage must be submitted at least seven (7) business days prior to the date of the scheduled activity, and all applicable usage fees and deposits must be paid in advance – unless an approved University Service Agreement is in place detailing other arrangements.
4. Georgia College reserves the right to deny use of campus facilities for any event, activity or function deemed inappropriate for the facility or the University as a whole.
5. Possession or use of narcotics or other illegal drugs is forbidden on University properties.
6. The use or possession of alcohol is forbidden on University properties unless in conjunction with a pre-approved social function and limited to designated areas. All events with alcohol must have a Georgia College Public Safety Officer present. The fee per hour per Public Safety Officer is $45.
7. No smoking is allowed on the GC Campus.
8. Users will be responsible for all damages to facilities and to facility support equipment and for any personal injury resulting from this use. ALL areas used should be left in a neat and orderly condition. ALL furniture and equipment used should be returned to its proper place and the facility secured upon departure.
9. Faculty/staff advisers must be present during all major events (parties, dances, and any activities open to the public) sponsored by those student organizations that they may represent.
10. All Physical Plant services must be requested five (5) business days prior to the event.
11. All food must be catered through Sodexo 478-452-2409.
12. Georgia College events requiring Physical Plant, Audio Visual Services, and other campus support services outside normal working hours must budget overtime costs. External events requiring these services must pay the agreed upon rates found in the approved Georgia College Fee Schedule.
Please select the facility you are interested in reserving to see the specific policies.