The Library & Instructional Technology Center is pleased to make available our excellent meeting and event facilities to both the Georgia College community and non-university groups. The following procedures have been developed to make the facility available to as many groups as possible.Use Fees
The Atrium, Library Conference Room, and Museum Education Room are available at no cost for University related events. All activities sponsored by university departments or outside group are responsible for contacting Custodial Manager, (478) 445-1533, to make arrangements for custodial care after the event. Fee waivers may be granted for Georgia College sponsored events only. Sponsorship is defined as full participation in the planning, organizing, and execution of the program or activity by a University department or unit. Non-Georgia College groups will pay any event facilitation fees, based on single event per day usage. Please see the Campus Fee Schedule (pdf) for the latest fees.
SUPERVISORY FEE: An hourly supervisory fee may be charged for use of facilities prior to and following the normal operating schedule.
Events will take place during normal hours. All areas are scheduled through the Department of Public Services at (478) 445-2749. Priority will be given to Georgia College academic events and activities. University sponsored activities will have the next priority followed by requests from non-Georgia College groups. All fees associated with audio/visual needs, catering through Sodexho, custodial care as well as security are the responsibility of the group responsible for the event.Guidelines for Use of the Library & Instructional Technology Center
- Use of the facilities must be scheduled in advance as described above.
- Responsibility for Audio/Visual support, catering, security, and custodial care is assumed by the user.
- It is the responsibility of the user to contact (478) 445-1533 for custodial needs.
- All groups assume financial responsibility for any damages that may occur while using the facility. Food and drinks are permitted in the Atrium, Conference Room, and Education Room.
- Non-Georgia College groups may be required to make a security deposit as described in the building fee schedule.
- All groups will agree to abide by the policies and procedures established for the operation of the facility, and must identify an individual who will be responsible for insuring the group adheres to the policies and procedures. All equipment and furniture must be in its original condition and returned to its original location at the conclusion of the event.
- Users will be responsible for all damages to facilities, to any facility support equipment, and for any personal injury resulting from use.
- When determined by the Library that the area is not returned to a clean, neat, and orderly condition, the reserving group will be charged an additional fee to cover overtime custodial arrangements.
- The group's representative must complete and sign the Library & Instructional Technology Center Use Agreement.