Facility Usage Guidelines
The official University Policy related to Facility Reservations can be found in the online Academic Affairs Handbook (Section 4.05).
PLEASE READ COMPLETELY AND THEN CLICK THE LINK TO COMPLETE THE FORM.
1. All functions desiring use of University facilities should complete the online R25 request form.
2. For large-scale facility rentals, service agreements and release/waiver of liability may be required.
3. All requests for facility usage must be submitted at least seven (7) business days prior to the date of the scheduled activity, and all applicable usage fees and deposits will be due at the time requests are submitted for approval.
4. Georgia College reserves the right to deny use of campus facilities for any event, activity, or function deemed inappropriate for the facility or the University as a whole.
5. Possession or use of narcotics or other illegal drugs is forbidden on University properties.
6. The use or possession of alcohol is forbidden on University properties unless in conjunction with a pre-approved social function and limited to designated areas.
7. No smoking is allowed in University buildings.
8. Users will be responsible for all damages to facilities and to facility support equipment and for any personal injury resulting from this use. ALL areas used should be left in a neat and orderly condition. ALL furniture and equipment used should be returned to its proper place and the facility secured upon departure.
9. Faculty/staff advisers must be present during all major events (parties, dances, and any activities open to the public) sponsored by those student organizations that they may represent.
10. All Physical Plant services must be requested five (5) business days prior to the event.
11. Contact Grounds Manager at (478) 445-4279 for events on lawn areas.
12. Events requiring Plant, AV, and other campus support services outside normal working hours must budget overtime costs.
13. Procedure for vehicle access to campus roadways and sidewalks that are blocked by bollards:
Individuals who seek vehicle access to campus roadways and sidewalks that are blocked by bollards must go through Facility Reservations for approval. Campus hardscapes such as the front campus drive and the circle drive were designed and constructed for pedestrian traffic and safety and for the protection of our facilities. Both are capable of handling a limited amount of vehicular traffic; however they contain architectural features that are easily damaged by heavy vehicles. These high visibility campus features also represent a significant financial investment.
Only authorized vehicles will be allowed to access campus roadways and sidewalks that are blocked by security bollards. Authorized vehicles will usually be limited to emergency vehicles (ambulance, fire, police) and construction/maintenance vehicles when no reasonable access alternative is available. Any vehicular traffic on these roadways, other than emergency vehicles responding to an emergency, must be pre-approved by the Vice President for Business and Finance through the Facility Reservations office (478) 445-2749. Access to these roadways may be denied, if, in the opinion of the Vice President for Business & Finance, there is a reasonable alternative. Golf carts are exempted from this procedure.
|ARTS & SCIENCES BUILDING**
Curfew: 10 p.m.
Auditorium seating: 299
Classroom seating: 40-89
Classroom capacity: 55
Teaching Court capacity: 300
Arena Seating: 4075
Classroom capacity: 35
Auditorium (Room 113) capacity: 30-60
Conference Room capacity: 20
Curfew: 11 PM
Lake Laurel Lodge capacity: 75
|MAXWELL STUDENT UNION*
University Banquet Room capacity: 150
MSU Lounge capacity: 100
MSU Cafeteria capacity: 350
Curfew: 12 a.m.
Auditorium seating: 696
Balcony seating: 286
Curfew: 11 p.m.
Outdoor Pool capacity: 100
Lifeguard requirements: 1 per 35 swimmers
Atrium: M-F 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sat 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sun 2 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Conference Room: M-Th
8 a.m - 10 p.m
Fri 8 a.m - 4.30 p.m
Sat 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sun 2 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Museum Education Room: T- Sat
10 a.m - 3.30 p.m
|A damage/clean-up deposit is required for most facilities.|
|* Facilities designated for alcohol functions.
** Technical assistance required to operate a/v, multi media or production equipment housed in these facilities.
*** Hours for all areas are subject to change and are based on the academic calendar. A supervisory fee may be assessed for all events occurring before or after regularly scheduled operating hours.
Use R25 WebViewer. Find out what's available before submitting form.