In accordance with University System of Georgia Board of Regents Policy 4.8.2, Georgia College requires the following immunizations of all incoming students. Students must submit proof of required immunizations, certified by a health official, prior to matriculation.
- Measles: Two (2) doses of live measles containing vaccine (combined measles-mumps-rubella or "MMR" meets this requirement), with first dose at 12 months of age or later and second dose at least 28 days after the first dose, or laboratory/serologic evidence of immunity. Students born before 1957 are exempt from this requirement.
- Mumps: Two (2) doses of live mumps containing vaccine (combined measles-mumps-rubella or “MMR” meets this requirement), with first dose at 12 months of age or later and second dose at least 28 days after the first dose, or Laboratory/serologic evidence of immunity. Students born before 1957 are exempt from this requirement.
- Rubella: One (1) dose at 12 months of age or later (MMR meets this requirement) or laboratory/serologic evidence of immunity. Students born before 1957 are exempt from this requirement.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Two (2) doses spaced at least 3 months apart if both doses are given before the student’s 13th birthday; or two (2) doses at least 4 weeks apart, if first dose given after the student’s 13th birthday; or reliable history of varicella disease (“chicken pox”); or laboratory/serologic evidence of immunity or history of herpes zoster (shingles)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria: One tetanus/diphtheria containing booster dose within 10 years prior to matriculation. Combined tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (whooping cough) booster (Tdap) is preferred but Td is acceptable.
- Hepatitis B: Three (3) dose hepatitis B series (0, 1-to-2,and 4-to-6 months), or three (3) dose combined hepatitis A and hepatitis B series (0, 1-to-2, and 6-to-12 months), or two (2) dose hepatitis B series of RecombivaxTM (0 and 4-to-6 months, given at 11-to-15 years of age), or laboratory/serologic evidence of immunity or prior infection. Not required for students who are 19 years old or older on the first day of enrollment.
Students who are enrolled in fully online distance learning programs are exempt from immunization requirements as long as they only enroll in fully online courses. Distance education students who enroll in an on-campus course or a course offered at a campus managed facility will be excluded from class until proof of immunization is submitted. The following programs qualify as fully online programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing RN-BSN
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) in Educational Leadership
- Georgia Web MBA
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Technology
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Kinesiology: Health Promotion
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Library Media
- Master of Logistics and Supply Chain Management (MLSCM)
- Master of Music Therapy (MMT)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Students who affirm that these immunization requirements conflict with their religious beliefs may request an exemption using the immunization form. Students with religious exemptions are subject to exclusion from campus in the event of an outbreak of a disease for which immunization is required.
After immunization forms have been certified by a health care provider, they may be mailed or faxed to:
107 Parks Hall
Campus Box 069
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Students may view and track their immunization requirements through PAWS by clicking on Student tab, and then clicking on Student Records.
Students who fail to submit proof of immunization will be prevented from registering for subsequent semesters until the required documentation is received.