Academic Appeals Process (Petitions)
An academic grievance or appeal is an allegation by a student of substantial and/or unjustified deviation, to the student's detriment, from policies, procedures and/or requirements regarding admission, grading policies, special agreements, instructor's requirements and academic requirements of the university. Students shall have the right to file academic grievances or appeals according to procedures approved by the university. Procedures for applying for an academic appeal can be found in the either the Graduate Catalog or the Undergraduate Catalog.
Academic Major and Minor Changes
A major or minor may be declared or changed by contacting the department of the proposed major or minor. A second major or minor may be declared by following the same procedure.
Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), or International Baccalaureate (IB) Credit
Refer to the Admissions website for information.
Changing Student Information
Address and Phone Numbers
Address and Phone Numbers may be changed by downloading the Student Information Form (pdf) and mailing it to the address listed on the bottom of the form. Forms may also be brought to the Office of the Registrar, 107 Parks Hall.
- Login into PAWS
- Click on the Personal Information link
- Click on Update Addresses and Phones
- Click on the link next to the corresponding address to be corrected
- Click Submit
Name changes can be made by following the provided instructions:
- Complete the corresponding sections of the Student Information Form (pdf).
- Provide Legal Documentation (Marriage License, Divorce Decree, court order) or two forms of picture identification, and
- Mail the form along with copies of the above information to the address found at the bottom of the form or bring copies to the Office of the Registrar, 107 Parks Hall.