Registrar Menu Overview Academic Calendar Add/Drop Procedures Catalogs Course Schedules DegreeWorks Enrollment and Degree Verification Exam Schedule FERPA Forms Faculty & Staff Resources Graduation and Commencement Immunization Requirements Registration Student Right-to-Know Information Transcripts Transient Credit Veterans Certification Withdrawal Process Other Services Contact Information Commonly Asked Questions

Veteran's Certification

Georgia College is dedicated to helping Veterans and their dependents to receive benefits for which they are entitled. For questions pertaining to veterans eligibility requirements, please refer to the Veterans Administration Educational Benefits Index.

Term Certification
After eligibility is verified by the Veterans Administration it is the student's responsibility to complete the Confirmation of Certification for Educational Benefits Form which may be picked up in the Office of the Registrar or downloaded here (doc). This form MUST be submitted each term and after each change to class schedules, credit hours, and/or changes in degrees and majors.

Change of Place of Training
If in the past a student has received VA benefits a change of place of training form is required to be completed and on file in the Office of the Registrar. You may pick one up at the Registrar's office or download it from the Department of Veterans Affairs (pdf) website.  Chapter 35 students may download the Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors' and Dependents' Education Assistance form (pdf).

For more information contact:      

Laverne Renfroe
VA Certifying Official
Georgia College
Office of the Registrar
Parks Hall 107
Campus Box 069
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone: 478-445-2289
Fax: 478-445-1914


A-Z Sitewide Index
About the site
Georgia College • 231 W. Hancock St. • Milledgeville, GA 31061 • 1-800-342-0471 ; Admissions: 478-445-2774 •