Director of Multi-Cultural Affairs
Welcome to Georgia College!
The Director of Multi-Cultural Affairs is responsible for helping all Bobcats feel included and heard on a campus wide scale. From small problems to big ideas, the Director of Multi-Cultural Affairs wants to help Georgia College students as much as possible while promoting tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity education.
The Director of Multi-Cultural Affairs will:
- Promote a safe and welcoming environment on campus for all Bobcats despite race, religious beliefs, disabilities, gender preference or sexual orientation.
- Identify issues of misunderstanding and hate on campus and in turn seek ways of promoting understanding and respect
- Work directly with minority student groups and act as a direct liaison to the Student Government Association
- Create diversity educational opportunities that are available to all students.
- Encourage discussion of current local, national and global issues of race, religious beliefs, disabilities, gender preference and sexual orientation
- Provide a safe space for all Bobcats.
- Help to enact the Diversity Action Plan by working directly with the Director of Institutional Equity, Dr. Womack
For more information of the Diversity Action Plan please email the Director of Institutional Equity Dr. Womack at firstname.lastname@example.org or the SGA Director of Multi-Cultural Affairs at email@example.com.
If you are in need of a safe space of any kind or just a person to talk to please feel free to email Elizabeth Rary as well.
“It is never too late to give up your prejudices”
― Henry David Thoreau