Athletic Training Application Procedures
The B.S. in Athletic Training is a limited enrollment program. Application is made in spring of the sophomore year. Application forms are available online. Contact the Coordinator for additional information. Application procedures to the athletic training program include:
1. Submission of the completed application form by the deadline established for the applicable academic year to which the application applies;
2. Submission of related documents by the deadline established for the current academic year, include:
a. Completed application, including essays and related documents;
b. Proof of current certification in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid;
c. Proof of liability insurance;
d. Athletic Training Technical Standards form;
e. Three (3) letters of recommendation;
f. Criminal Background Check (see link at the top of this page);
g. Completed Observation Reports (40 hours of observation required)*
3. To be eligible for admission into the program, students must satisfied the following criteria:
a. Passed required Regents' Exam;
b. Completion of general education core areas A-E;
c. Completion of major-specific Area F classes with grades of C or better core by the end of the summer prior to entry into the program;
d. Minimum GPA of 2.75.
4. Personal interviews are conducted with students who are selected for potential approval to the program.
*Students must complete blood-borne pathogens training and HIPPA training before beginning observations hours.
*Observation hours must be completed at approved clinical sites. Please contact the Program Coordinator for a list of approved observation sites.
1. Enrollment in some programs is restricted and admission into the programs is competitive. Meeting the above criteria does not guarantee acceptance into the Athletic Training Program.
2. Grades of C or better are required in all Area F, major, minor, and elective courses.
3. Students must maintain an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 or better throughout the Athletic Training Program.
4. Students whose student's GPA falls below 2.75 are given one semester to achieve a GPA of 2.75.
5. A student who's GPA does not return to 2.75 or better after one semester will be withheld from the continuing in the program of study until the GPA has returned to 2.75 or higher.
6. Readmission to the Athletic Training Program is not guaranteed.
7. Students are required to complete approximately 20 hours of clinical experience per week under the direct supervision of an assigned clinical instructor.
Dr. Kirk Armstrong, Coordinator
107 Parks Memorial Building
Campus Box 112
Milledgeville, GA 31061