Athletic Training Application Procedures
The B.S. in Athletic Training is a limited enrollment program. Application is made in spring of the sophomore year. Application forms are available online. Contact the Coordinator for additional information. Application procedures to the athletic training program include:
1. Submission of the completed application form by the deadline established for the applicable academic year to which the application applies;
2. Submission of related documents by the deadline established for the current academic year, include:
a. Completed application, including essays and related documents;
b. Proof of current certification in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid;
c. Proof of liability insurance;
d. Athletic Training Technical Standards form;
e. Three (3) letters of recommendation;
f. Criminal Background Check (see link at the top of this page);
g. Completed Observation Reports (40 hours of observation required)
3. To be eligible for admission into the program, students must satisfied the following criteria:
a. Passed required Regents' Exam;
b. Completion of general education core areas A-E;
c. Completion of major-specific Area F classes with grades of C or better core by the end of the summer prior to entry into the program;
d. Minimum GPA of 2.75.
4. Personal interviews are conducted with students who are selected for potential approval to the program.
1. Enrollment in some programs is restricted and admission into the programs is competitive. Meeting the above criteria does not guarantee acceptance into the Athletic Training Program.
Dr. Kirk Armstrong, Coordinator
107 Parks Memorial Building
Campus Box 112
Milledgeville, GA 31061