Instructions for Athletic Training Application
This is an application to the Athletic Training Program within the School of Health and Human Performance. You must also apply and be accepted to Georgia College before applying to a major. Applications to the university are available from the Admissions Office 478-445-1283 or online here.
- Acceptance to the university does not guarantee acceptance into the Athletic Training Program.
- Completion of the B.S. in Athletic Training degree may require students to enroll in summer courses to complete degree requirements in 4 academic years.
Your complete application must include:
- Completed Application Form
The completed application will include all components of the application, including four (4) essays. The application must be submitted electronically. Deadline date for applications and related materials (numbers 1-6) - February 1.
- Three (3) completed professional recommendations (Submitted Electronically). By sending this link to each professional recommendation, applicants waive their right to review the recommendation.
- Send the following link: Recommendation Form to three (3) individuals who will complete a professional recommendation for you. All professional recommendations must be submitted electronically.
- Copy of current certification cards (both sides) in First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer. Document will be uploaded with the Athletic Training Application. Both sides of BOTH cards (First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer) will need to be on one (1) page/file to upload.
- CPR and First Aid can be completed through the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
- Criminal background check - Complete the authorization form to allow the GC Police Department to complete a Criminal Background check. Submit the Background Check Authorization Form (pdf) directly to the GC Police Department.
- Signed Technical Standards Waiver (pdf) Document will be uploaded with the Athletic Training Application
- Observation Reports- All students applying to the Athletic Training Program must complete 40 hours of observation under the direct supervision of a Certified Athletic Trainer. After completing 10 hours of observation under an Athletic Trainer, submit an Observation Report to document your hours and highlight what you are learning during your observation experiences. A total of four Observation Reports must be submitted. All reports must be submitted by the Athletic Training application deadline date - February 1.
Please complete all parts of the application carefully, completely, and accurately. Be sure to answer every question. All application materials (numbers 1-6 above) MUST be received by the application due date - February 1.
All application materials must be submitted electronically. Please print and retain a hard copy of all application materials, in the incident of a transmission error.