Community Health and Human Services
Graduates from the Health Education: Community Health and Human Services program are qualified to work in the areas of (a) community health education, (b) clinical/patient education, or (c) corporate or workplace health education. Positions are available provided the individual is willing to relocate. Job prospects are enhanced by having a minor in a related field.
- American Association for Health Education
- American College Health Association
- American Public Health Association
- American School Health Association
- Eta Sigma Gamma
- Georgia Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, & Dance
- Georgia Public Health Association
- National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the U.S.
- Society for Public Health Education
Graduates in Health Education: Exercise Science are qualified for entry level and managerial positions in corporate, hospital, government, school and private health and fitness programs. Graduates will also be qualified to take several American College of Sports Medicine and National Strength and Conditioning Association certification examinations. Students will also be qualified to pursue to graduate degrees in exercise science (both research and clinically based). Graduates will also have a sufficient knowledge base to be strong applicants for physical therapy, physician's assistant, and medical school.
Graduates from the B.S. in Athletic Training program are qualified to sit for the Board of Certification exam. Opportunities exist for employment as certified Athletic Trainers (ATC) in high schools, colleges/universities, sports medicine clinics and rehabilitation centers, hospitals, wellness/fitness centers, or corporate/industrial, or other emerging practice settings. To learn more about a career in athletic training, visit these resources:
- National Athletic Trainers Association
- Board of Certification, Inc.
- NATA Education Council
- National Athletic Trainers Research and Education Foundation
- National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Southeast Athletic Trainers Association
- Georgia Athletic Trainers Association
- Georgia Board of Athletic Training
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Athletic Training Education Journal
Dr. Lisa Griffin
Campus Box 112
Milledgeville, GA 31061