M.A.T. Completion Checklist
- The M.A.T. requires a minimum 3.0 GPA on all coursework attempted.
- Submit an application for graduation at least one semester before the anticipated graduation date.
- Successfully complete a comprehensive exit requirement (usually including an electronic portfolio.)
- Schedule the GACE Content Area Assessment in the new area of certification (115 & 116).
- Submit passing scores on the GACE Content Area Assessment, the College Recommendation for Certification form and all necessary documentation to the College of Education Certification Officer (Mr. David Ladd x4056).
- The requirements for the degree program must be completed within a period of 6 years from the date that the student begins taking courses toward the M.A.T. Kinesiology/Physical Education at GC. Courses completed more than 6 years prior to completion of the requirements for the Master's degree will be regarded as outdated and will not be applied toward the degree program. This includes courses that may be transferred from other institutions.
Students who complete the M.A.T. in Kinesiology/Physical Education from GC may be recommended to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission for initial certification. The final recommendation for initial certification is a responsibility of the College of Education. The Certification Officer of the School of Education provides students information regarding the appropriate process for seeking certification in the State of Georgia. The College Recommendation Form is completed by the student and returned to the Certification Officer with a copy of the GACE Basic Skills and the GACE Content Assessment test scores and official transcripts of all college course work. The Certification Officer verifies for the Professional Standards Commission that the applicant has met the requirements for certification. The Certification Officer will assist and support the student during the collection of required information and upon submission of that information will file the certification application with the Professional Standards Commission.
All teacher certification programs are subject to change in response to new requirements from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. Students will be given appropriate notice of changes, and teacher education programs will be modified or adapted to meet the required change.
Dr. Lisa Griffin
106 Parks Memorial Building
Campus Box 112
Milledgeville, GA 31061
| Georgia College
Campus Box 107
Milledgeville, GA 31061