Graduate Application Procedures
Application procedures for graduate programs vary for specific programs of study, however for all programs it is important to note that there are are two levels of approval for which documentation is required.The application form and official transcripts (sent by the granting institution) are sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Students applying to the M. Ed. Health Promotion, Human Performance, or Outdoor Education Administration concentrations must take the GRE. Official GRE scores (sent by the testing center) are sent directly to the Office of Admissions. Students applying to the M.A.T. Kinesiology/Physical Education program may either take the GRE or MAT. Official scores (sent by the testing center) are sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Documentation required by specific program areas may be sent by email attachment directly to the office of admissions,
firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to the School of Health and Human Performance (attn: Graduate Studies).
Applicant files are established upon receipt of the application form and
programs, however the decision to grant regular admission is not
made until all documentation is received and assessed.
Potential graduate students seeking to be considered for a graduate assistantship are advised to complete the application form available at gcsu.edu (graduate admissions) and submit it directly to the School of Health and Human Performance. Decisions about graduate assistantship are made on an ongoing basis based on credentials, career goals, and program-area needs.
School of Health and Human Performance Requirements: Professional graduate programs in the School of Health and Human Performance are committed to excellence. In order to serve our professions and our students, we ask that students submit the following documents.
- Letter of application indicating why you have chosen a career in health promotions, outdoor education administration or human performance, your teaching/professional philosophy, and how the program of study you are applying to meets your career goals;
- Current resume; copies of any relevant, current training certificates or certification cards;
- Two (2) letters of reference signed by the referee (by email pdf attachment, fax, or regular post);
- Participate in an interview (outdoor education administration and physical education).
- Create a MyPSC account and confirm Georgia College as the program provider found at mypsc.gapsc.org. Then complete the Educator Ethics for Program Entry GACE 350 found at http://gace.ets.org/ethics.
Dr. Lisa Griffin
106 Parks Memorial Building
Campus Box 112
Milledgeville, GA 31061