- Beach clean-up during ODED 2011 Canoe Trip on the Oconee River: Fall 2011
- Oconee River clean-up: Fall 2010 (ODED 4500)
- Aviation Island clean-up: Fall 2011 (ODED 3500)
- Community Action and Environmental Awareness Day: Fall 2011 (Ecological Connections course)
- 4-H National Congress (ODED 4520/6923)
The primary purpose of the internship is to provide a supervised work experience for emerging outdoor educators as they transition from the academic arena to the employment arena as full-time professionals. The internship provides the student, the facility supervisor, and the faculty supervisor with an opportunity to assess student performance in a pre-employment setting and to use that assessment to enhance job performance and future job placement.
"Most of what we do in the DOE is hands on and experiential, so what better way to put what you have learned into direct practice than have an applied learning experience. It is the most beneficial experience for your future to be able to put into action all of what you have taken the past years to learn." - Walker Hendry (B.S. '11)
Internship manual (pdf)
The primary purpose of the practicum is to provide a supervised practical experience wherein students may apply basic skills and knowledge developed during the first years of study.
Practicum manual (pdf)
Students are required to attend at least one professional conference as part of their graduation requirement. This opportunity allows students to meet and interact with professionals in the field. Many of our students have given workshops at regional, national, and international level conferences.
- Association for Experiential Education www.aee.org
- Association of Outdoor Recreation and Education www.aore.org
- American Camping Association www.acacamps.org
- Wilderness Education Association www.weainfo.org
- Environmental Alliance of Georgia www.eealliance.org
- National Intramural Recreational Sports Association www.nirsa.org
Dr. Jeff Turner
Parks Memorial 204
Campus Box 112
Milledgeville, GA 31061