Outdoor Education Resources
On Belay: The Continuous Support News Flash
On Belay is the newsletter of the Georgia College & State University Outdoor Education programs. Written by Outdoor Education faculty, staff, and students, the newsletter focuses on topics of interest to practitioners in our field. These have included facilitation, natural resources, program management, and technical skills.
- Doroshenko, J. Access and Conservation. February 2008, No. 5.
- Cooper, R. and Toy, J.C. Mindfulness in Facilitation. September 2007, No. 4.
- Sayers, E. Spotting. January 2007, No. 3.
- Hirsch, J. Customer Service. December 2006, No. 2.
- Speelman, L. Lessons Learned. October 2006, No. 1.
- Association for Outdoor Recreation and Education (AORE)
- Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education (AEOE)
- National Recreation and Parks Association (NRPA)
- North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE)
- The National Association of Therapeutic Wilderness Camps(NATWC)
- Association for Experiential Education (AEE)
- Association for Business Simulations and Experiential Learning(ABSEL)
- American Camping Association (ACA)
- American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA)
- American Red Cross
- Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT)
- Climbing Wall Association (CWA)
- Landmark Learning
- National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR)
- The National Speleological Society (NSS)
- Wilderness Medical Institute (WMI)
- Wilderness Medical Associates (WMA)
Resource Management Agencies
- US Department of the Interior
- US Department of Agriculture
Dr. Jeff Turner
Health Sciences 333
Campus Box 121
Milledgeville, GA 31061