Staff Council Overview
In its representation of all staff employees, the Georgia College Staff Council aims to promote better understanding, increased cooperation, and open communication among all constituent groups on our campus. While performing the duty, the Staff Council will endorse and adhere to the mission and goals of Georgia College.
1. Enhance the communication network for staff throughout the university community.
2. Nominate staff members to serve on university-wide committees.
3. Coordinate annual elections for Staff Council.
4. Appoint standing committees and ad hoc committees as determined by majority of the Council.
5. Conduct quarterly meetings of the Staff Council, annual all staff forums and meetings of staff by division/unit areas.
6. Promote professional development, technical, and educational opportunities to enhance and promote employee skills.
7. The Staff Council shall not be authorized to consider or determine individual grievances.
ABOUT GEORGIA COLLEGE: Georgia College, the state's designated Public Liberal Arts University, combines the educational experience expected at esteemed private liberal arts colleges with the affordability of public higher education. Its four colleges – arts and sciences, business, education and health sciences – provide 6,600 undergraduate and graduate students with an exceptional learning environment that extends beyond the classroom, with hands-on involvement with faculty research, community service, residential learning communities, study abroad and myriad internships