Welcome to STEM
Georgia state-wide STEM DAY - May 3, 2013
Georgia College wins STEM award
Georgia recognizes the pressing need for its workforce to be nationally and globally competitive. Georgia College is making great strides to advance STEM education by building a strong STEM community that increases the quantity and quality of STEM majors and teachers.
Impact of STEM activities at Georgia College?
- 29% increase of STEM and STEM education majors since 2007
- 89% increase in STEM and STEM education degrees conferred since 2007
- Drop in DWF rates from 27% to 20% in introductory STEM courses since 2007
- Over $10 million in external grants and gifts to mini-grant awardees
- Dozens of presentations at professional conference and over a dozen publications related to STEM mini-grant projects
- Outreach to over 12,000 K-12 students, teachers and parents each year from over 50 counties across the state
FY14 Request for Proposals - DEADLINE: April 22, 2013
ABOUT GEORGIA COLLEGE: Georgia College, the state's designated Public Liberal Arts University, combines the educational experience expected at esteemed private liberal arts colleges with the affordability of public higher education. Its four colleges – arts and sciences, business, education and health sciences – provide 6,600 undergraduate and graduate students with an exceptional learning environment that extends beyond the classroom, with hands-on involvement with faculty research, community service, residential learning communities, study abroad and myriad internships.