Project FOCUS (Fostering Our Communities Understanding of Science) is a service learning course that gives students opportunities to work in schools to help children and their teachers learn more about math, science and technology.
Students interested in the FOCUS course (EDIS 4425):
- will fulfill upper level elective graduation requirements
- may register multiple times for credit
- will gain experience working with K-12 students and to see if teaching is really for them
- will “partner teach” with an experienced elementary, middle or high school teacher, in a safe, supervised setting
- will earn community service hours which are important job applications, or for graduate or medical school applications