The mission of Georgia College involves "challenging students and fostering excellence in the classroom and beyond." The Division of Student Affairs offers a wide range of activities, services, and opportunities to become engaged in campus life that challenges students, develops habits of excellence, and connect life outside the classroom to the formal academic curriculum.
The persons and offices that comprise the Division of Student Affairs contribute to Georgia College's mission by facilitating student learning, enhancing student success, and teaching responsible community membership.
Expectations of our Students
The Georgia College experience is founded on the 3 Rs: Reason, Respect, and Responsibility. Based on this foundation, we expect that during their time at Georgia College students will:
- set their own personal development goals and take responsibility for their own learning;
- be prepared to learn and to be intellectually challenged;
- strive for excellence in their studies and seek to achieve high academic expectations in all their courses;
- acquire an inquisitive mind; respect for human diversity and individuality; a sense of civic and global responsibility; sound ethical principles; effective writing, speaking, and quantitative skills; and a healthy lifestyle;
- be meaningfully engaged in and involved in the campus community; and
- take full advantage of opportunities to develop and implement career plans.
Georgia College students are expected to achieve and maintain high ideals founded on the sound principles of utilizing REASON before acting or reacting; employing RESPECT for others, for ideas, for the law, and for property; and recognizing their RESPONSIBILITY as citizens and members of the campus community.
Dr. Bruce Harshbarger
Vice President for Student Affairs
Dr. Andy Lewter
Dean of Students
Gina O. Chambers
Executive Assistant to the Vice President
Office of Student Affairs
206 Parks Hall | Campus Box 27
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone 478-445-5169 | Fax 478-445-6707 | email@example.com