Georgia College is one of hundreds of institutions nationwide requiring every member of their first year class to complete AlcoholEdu – a non-opinionated, science-based course taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year. Whether or not you drink, AlcoholEdu empowers students to make well-informed decisions and provides some simple strategies to help keep you and your friends safe. We also promote student health and safety through the use of Haven, a program that educates students about the elements of healthy relationships, the importance of sexual consent, and the role of bystanders in creating safe, healthy communities.
All first-year, incoming Georgia College freshmen must complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu for College and Haven this summer before moving onto campus (any of the residence halls or The Village Apartments) in August. You must complete Part 1 by August 17, 2017. Failure to do so will delay your moving-in to your campus residences.
Approximately 30 days later, you will receive an automated email indicating that it is time for you to complete Part 2 of the courses and the final survey. You must complete Part 2 by October 20, 2017. Completion of the full course is a requirement of your First-Year Academic Seminar. You will have to complete each of the courses with a passing grade on the exam to receive a passing grade in your seminar class.
Tell me more?
AlcoholEdu and Haven offer a confidential, personalized experience for each student.
This online experience includes:
- Alcohol-related content featuring videos and hands-on activities
- Helpful tools, like a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) calculator and map of US laws
- Tools and scenarios to define and promote healthy relationships and help spot the warning signs of abuse
- Skill-building exercises and strategies
- Concise, accessible, engaging (and private) educational platform
What are other students saying?
- 75% said AlcoholEdu provided them with helpful information
- 66% said it helped them learn new facts about alcohol
- 81% reported AlcoholEdu prepared them to identify the signs of alcohol poisoning
- 83% reported AlcoholEdu prepared them to help someone who may have alcohol poisoning
- 64% said the information presented about BAC would help guide them in creating a plan for making safe and healthy decisions
Coming Soon…You’ll receive a message in your Bobcats email account this summer that will provide more details about how to access the programs.
AlcoholEdu and Haven will open July 27, 2017
The Deadline for completing Part 1 will be August 17, 2017
The Deadline for completing Part 2 will be October 20, 2017
For More Information visit EverFi’s Web site at www.everfi.com.
Office of Student Affairs
206 Parks Hall | Campus Box 27
Milledgeville, GA 31061