Student Login Instructions
As part of our comprehensive alcohol prevention program, Georgia College will expect each member of the first-year class to complete this course. Whether you drink or not, AlcoholEdu will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers.
|Course Opens||July 10, 2013|
|Part 1 Deadline||August 2, 2013|
|Part 2 Deadline||October 11, 2013|
The course has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
- Part 1 of the course will be available beginning July 10, 2013. It takes approximately 1.5-2.5 hours to complete and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This part ends after Survey 2 and the Exam. You must earn a grade of 75 or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. The deadline for finishing Part 1 is August 2, 2013. You must complete this section before moving into the residence halls.
- About 45 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email informing you that it is time for you to complete Part 2. The deadline to complete Part 2 is October 11, 2013. Completion of the entire program including Part 2 is a requirement to receive a passing grade in the First Year Academic Seminar Class. In order to graduate from Georgia College, you must have had completed and passed a First Year Academic Seminar. If you do not complete AlcoholEdu in its entirety, your graduation could be delayed.
To take AlcoholEdu for College, you will need a computer with internet access and audio capabilities. If you do not have ready access to a computer, you may try using a computer at a local library, copy center, or community center.
To begin AlcoholEdu for College, follow the instructions below:
- Sign in to PAWS by going to http://paws.gcsu.edu
- Click the PAWS button at the top left of the page
- Click "Enter Secure Area"
- Login to PAWS with your GCID (your 911 number) and your PIN
- Your PIN number begins as your birthdate – formatted as MMDDYY i.e.: May 1, 1995 would format - 010195. If you do not know your GCID or PIN, there are help buttons on this page.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click the “help” button located in the upper right corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen or call 1-866-384-9062. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Help Site.
If you have any questions about this program, feel free to email the GC AlcoholEdu Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who log into the course using these directions, will not receive credit for completing the course.
About AlcoholEdu for College:
All first-year (new freshmen) Georgia College students will be required to complete the first half of the course before they will be allowed to move in to the residence halls or The Village apartments for Fall 2013.
AlcoholEdu for College is designed as a Population-Level Prevention program to be given to the entire population of first-year students. The course is a three-hour Web-based education program being used at more than 500 colleges and universities around the country. The program uses the latest science-based research to educate students about the impact of alcohol on the mind and body. This method creates a learning experience that:
- Motivates behavior change
- Resets unrealistic expectations about the effects of alcohol
- Links choices about drinking to academic and personal success
- Helps students practice healthier and safer decision-making
Office of Student Affairs
206 Parks Hall
Campus Box 27
Milledgeville, GA 31061