Technology Strategic Plan
A Technology Strategic Plan Steering Committee was formed (TSPSC) in the fall of 2011 and charged by then Provost Sandra Jordan with developing both the Plan and recommendations for actions. In order to more broadly represent the many campus constituencies in the planning process a second group, the Critical Resources Committee (CRC), was organized and consulted on a regular basis during the planning process. Dr. Tom Maier, Director of Special Projects in Information Technology, facilitated the planning process with the considerable assistance of Ms. Cindy Bowen, Operations Manager for Information Technology.
The Strategic Goals for Technology are:
1. Provide for innovative technologies that measurably enable, enhance, and transform teaching, learning, and research.
2. Employ technology as a tool to enable continuous improvement in communications, in collaborations, in efficiencies, and in services that enhance the quality of campus life.
3. Facilitate the development and analysis of high quality data repositories and other digital resources that are secure, accessible, reliable, and recoverable.
4. Select, implement, and manage technology resources and services maximizing efficiency and effectiveness while managing costs and lowering environmental impact.
5. Provide for high quality constituent-centric support and services that are continuously improved based on measures of output and performance.
6. Enable transparent, collaborative, and data-informed planning and decision-making that address current needs and are positioned to meet the challenges of the future.
Robert (Bob) Orr
Chief Information Officer
Technology Strategic Plan (pdf)
Approved by the Provost
Campus Box 050
Milledgeville, GA 31061-0490
Last Updated: 1/7/13
For technical assistance, please contact the
Serve Help Desk at 478-445-7378
IT web pages updated by
Cindy Bowen 478-445-1196