The purchase of all technology equipment and software, regardless of the source of funds, must be reviewed by the Division of Information Technology (DoIT). The Vice Chancellor & CIO of the University System of Georgia has delegated "approval authorization" to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for purchases not on State of Georgia Contract up to $50,000 and for those on State of Georgia Contract up to $100,000. Items exceeding those levels must be approved by the GC CIO and submitted to the Vice Chancellor's office for system approval. These reviews are required to assure sound purchasing, supportability, appropriate pricing and for security of the university's resources. Under these guidelines, technology equipment, software over $1,000.00, maintenance or licenses may not be purchased with departmental purchasing cards. Purchases must be made through the normal e-procurement procedures.
The following items must be processed through eProcurement and approved by DoIT prior to purchase.
- Desktop, laptop, palmtop, server, tablet or computer parts.
- Printers of any variety.
- Software over $1,000 (See below for purchases under $1,000)
- External or internal computer or laptop peripherals including hard disk drives, optical drives (CD or DVD), network interface cards, port expansion cards, (either USB or Firewire).
- Projectors and audio visual components.
- Networking hardware including access points, routers, hubs, switches, bridges, antennae, keystone jacks, punch down blocks, UPS or battery back-up units, generators for computing equipment, fiber optic cables, copper Category 5, 5e, or 6 network cables, surge protectors for computer equipment.
For University technology purchases, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Serve at 478-445-7378 to obtain a quote. By contacting us for a quote, we will provide educational pricing and documents needed for eProcurement. Once you have your quote, please follow the process for eProcurement, attach your quote and add Howard Woodard (howard.woodard) as an approver. Once he has approved the requisition, he will process for final CIO approval.
Software Purchases under $1,000:
If desired, software or software upgrades, updates, or new versions whether downloaded or physical media may be purchased using a University Purchasing Card. The purchase requires DoIT approval which may be obtained by completing this form (xls).
If you have questions, concerns or need assistance, please contact: SERVE or 445-7378.
Campus Box 050
Milledgeville, GA 31061-0490
Last Updated: 07/15/13
For technical assistance, please contact the
Serve Help Desk at 478-445-7378
IT web pages updated by Cindy Bowen 478-445-1196