The funds generated by this fee are designated for technology activities that benefit the student's academic learning experience. Typical expenditures at Georgia College include support for maintaining the Instructional Technology Center (ITC) computer facilities and software for student use at all locations, equipment checkout from the library, replacement and expansion of student use hardware, and support for technology in the classrooms, including the Macon Center and the Warner Robins Center. As mandated by the University System Board of Regents, this fee is paid by all students enrolled at any University System of Georgia Institution.
For the ITC operating hours and general information, please visit: Serve Help Desk
For more information please contact the Student Technology Fee Advisory Committee at email@example.com.
The Call for Student Technology Fee Innovation Grants – Fall 2016 deadline was October 19. The spring semester call will be issued in early February 2017.
In accordance with the Student Technology Fee Advisory Committee procedures, the committee may consider special requests for funding and recommend such requests to the CIO. Requests should follow the Board of Regents Technology Fee Guidelines.
Priority will be given to requests that:
- Directly benefit students
- Assist students in meeting their educational objectives
- Benefit broad groups of students or the entire student population instead of specific students or groups of students
- Combine funding with funding from other affected parties
Special Requests for Funding will NOT be awarded for:
- Administrative hardware or software
- Specialized research equipment
- Items that do not have a direct impact on students’ instructional objectives
If a request needs to be made for specific groups of people, there is an Innovative Technology Fee Grant Proposal procedure that is outside the scope of these Special Request Procedures. The Innovative Technology Fee Grant Proposal is announced via a Call for Proposals every fall and spring.
The following steps should be taken as you prepare your request for consideration by the Student Technology Fee Advisory Committee:
- Review the Board of Regents Technology Fee Guidelines to ensure your request is appropriate.
- Complete the Special Request form.
- Obtain the approval of your immediate supervisor.
- Contact the Technology Support Services Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) to develop an itemized budget for the request.
- Submit the Special Funding Request Form.doc form (Word doc) to the chair of the Student Technology Fee Advisory Committee (email@example.com) and the CIO (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.
Student Technology Fee Advisory Committee (STFAC)