Student Group Travel Grant Application
Submission of student travel grant application requests for the granting period of Fall 2014, Spring 2015 and Summer 2015 semesters will be accepted beginning August 25, 2014 and end on April 30, 2015 semester or when the funding is depleted (whichever comes first). All awards will be based on criteria herein and the State's approval URACE budget. Applications will be reviewed (until all funds are used) on:
January 30, 2015
February 13, 2015
February 27, 2015
March 13, 2015
March 30, 2015
April 15, 2015
April 30, 2015
Group Grant Stipulations:
- Group consists of five (5) or more members presenting original research/creative endeavors,
- faculty fills out grant application and other required paperwork,
- faculty member is responsible for trip related costs,
- faculty member is responsible for filing all required paperwork after the trip with URACE Office,
- grant funding cannot exceed $500 per group member and NO more than $2,500 for any one group,
- only one URACE student group travel grant can be received for any academic program or academic department per academic year.
SEE ATTACHED EXAMPLE FOR STUDENT TRAVEL FORM BEFORE FILLING OUT TRAVEL EXPENSE REPORT. CLICK ON THIS LINK: STUDENT TRAVEL FORM EXAMPLE PDF
NOTE: Group travel grant funding is capped at $2,500 within an academic year for each group within the same academic department. Funds received from a group travel grant reduce the total amount for each participating student (total award divided by number of group members). Individual student grants are capped at $1000 per academic year regardless of the number of conference presentations.
Faculty Sponsor is responsible to provide:
- A completed application for a group of five or more members presenting original research/creative endeavors,
- evidence that works have been accepted for each student listed in the application as either: a) presenters, or b) competitors for scholarly or creative endeavors,
- a statement that all participating students are presenting their original scholarship (i.e., research or creative activity),
- evidence of contribution of the original scholarship to the discipline or profession of participating students,
- a statement that demonstrates that the presentation reflects each participating student’s familiarity with relevant literature and/or applicable scholarly techniques,
- a budget including clear justification of expenditures (NOTE: groups receiving this grant are expected to share lodging and/or transportation whenever feasible),
- a list of any other funding sources for group, and
- last three digits of the faculty member's GCID number ONLY in the box provided.
APPLICATION REQUIRES SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
Supporting documentation is required to complete this application. The faculty letter of support for the group should be uploaded with this form. The Budget Proposal and Signature file should be sent separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Reimbursement Requirements:
Grant funds will be distributed as reimbursement to the faculty member for the group's expenditures once all required documentation has been received from the faculty member. The faculty member must submit ONE packet containing the following documentation for the group traveling on this grant via email to: email@example.com within 10 days of completion of the event but no later than May 30 – whichever comes first.
- Each participating student’s three to five page reflection (must follow rubric provided) on the conference experience,
- Original expense receipts,
- GC official travel expense report (and any required supporting documentation), and
- A copy of the agenda/program of event attended showing participating students' names
Note: Preference may be given to paper presentations or academic or creative competitions over poster presentations or panel participation. Preference may be given to students who have already presented at Georgia College’s Undergraduate Research Symposium.