Student Travel Grant Application
Submission of student travel grant application requests for the granting period of Fall 2014, Spring 2015 and Summer 2015 semesters will be accepted beginning August 25, 2014 and End the last day of the Spring 2015 semester. All awards will be based on criteria herein and the State's approval URACE budget. Applications will be reviewed (until all funds are used) on:
February 13, 2015
February 27, 2015
March 13, 2015
Individual Student Travel
NOTE: Before applying click on the link below "per diem" to determine the allowable rates for food and hotel as approved by the State Board of Regents. Please be careful to note that on food, the allowance varies depending on the day you are traveling.
Georgia College undergraduates may apply for Student Travel Grants to support the costs (registration, travel, accommodations, poster materials, and meals) associated with the presentation of their own original scholarship (i.e., research or creative activity), including creative presentations and performances, at professional academic conferences. Students may receive no more than $1,000 in reimbursement any one academic year.
Student Travel Grants will be made in three categories:
Category 1 grants will support student presentations of original scholarship done by themselves or with a faculty mentor at either state-level professional academic conferences in the student’s discipline or regional or state-level undergraduate research conferences, such as COPLAC’s Regional Undergraduate Conference. These grants will cover up to $500 of successful applicants’ expenses.
Category 2 grants will support student presentations of original scholarship done by themselves or with a faculty mentor at either regional professional academic conferences in the student’s discipline or national undergraduate research conferences sponsored by national or international organizations, such as the Center for Undergraduate Research. These grants will cover up to $750 of successful applicants’ expenses.
Category 3 grants will support student presentations of original scholarship done by themselves or with a faculty mentor at national or international professional academic conferences in the student’s discipline. These grants will cover up to $1,000 of successful applicants’ expenses.
Grants will be distributed as reimbursement for students’ expenditures once all documentation has been received and approved. All documentation must be sent via email to: email@example.com.
- Three to five page reflection on the conference experience (file within 10 days of completion of event)
- Receipts (file within 10 days of return but no later than May 30 – whichever comes first)
- Travel expense report (file within 10 days of return but no later than May 30 – whichever comes first) SEE ATTACHED EXAMPLE FOR STUDENT TRAVEL FORM BEFORE FILLING OUT TRAVEL EXPENSE REPORT. CLICK ON THIS LINK: TRAVEL EXPENSE EXAMPLE PDF
- Copy of the agenda/program of event attended (file within 10 days of return but no later than May 30 – whichever comes first)
Evaluation Criteria Based on Student Abstract and Faculty Letter
- Application must be submitted well in advance of the travel and an acceptance letter must be received by the faculty member from URACE prior to conference travel.
- Evidence that works have been acceptance to be presented
- Student originality of scholarship (i.e., research or creative activity)
- Contribution of the original scholarship to the discipline or profession
- Presentation reflects student's familiarity with relevant literature and techniques
- Budget includes clear justification of expenditures that follow the State Board of Regent's Guidelines (Faculty Mentors please advise your students on guidelines of what the State Board will and will not cover)
- When more than one student of the same sex is attending the same conference, students are expected to share hotel rooms
- Please include ONLY the last three digits of your GCID #
APPLICATION REQUIRES SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
Requirements: An application will not be reviewed by URACE until it is completed in its entirety. The faculty letter of support (jpg or pdf), the completed and signed Budget Proposal and Signature file (jpg or pdf), and a scanned copy of conference acceptance letter or email containing information about your presentation (oral or poster) MUST be scanned and uploaded as a either a jpg or pdf and uploaded.