Visas and Residencies Overview J-1 Exchange Visitor H-1B Temp. Worker O-1 Person of Extraordinary Ability TN Visas Permanent Residency Fees Consulate Locations Payment to International Visitors Notes to Chairs
H-1B H-1B Overview Sponsorship Process Changes in Employment Traveling outside the U.S.
Permanent Residency Permanent Residency Overview 3 Paths to PR Sponsorship Process Advertising and Recruitment Adjustment of Status

Traveling with an H-1B Visa or H-1B Status

If you are making a trip outside the United States, you will need the following to re-enter the U.S.:

  • Valid passport;
  • Original Form I-797A (H-1B Approval Notice for your current position)
  • Letter from Georgia College - Office of Legal Affairs confirming your current employment position described in the I-129 H-1B petition; and
  • Valid H-1B visa stamp in your passport. If you do not have a valid H-1B visa stamp in your passport, you must apply for one at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad.

Any international employee planning to travel outside the United States should notify the Office of Legal Affairs at least two weeks PRIOR to the date of travel to receive the travel letter mentioned above. For further information regarding traveling while on an H-1B visa or H-1B status please see the below document.

Traveling with an H-1B Visa or H-1B Status (pdf)

H-1B Travel Checklist (pdf)
Around Campus Image
A-Z Sitewide Index
About the site
Georgia College • 231 W. Hancock St. • Milledgeville, GA 31061 • 1-800-342-0471 ; Admissions: 478-445-2774 •