Activities, Programs, and Services
Massage Therapy is offered as a paid service. A licensed, professional massage therapist offers 30-minute and one-hour sessions to GC students and employees at competitive rates. Complete information is available at Member Services and online,
Personal Training is available for a fee for student and employee members. Inquiries about Personal Training can be made at the Fitness desk and detailed information can be found online at www.gcsu.edu/Wellness.
1. Personal Training Policies
• Outside Personal Trainers or private, individual training is not permitted.
• Clients are matched with trainers based on availability, goals, and preferences provided on the Training Application. Applicants are not guaranteed a Trainer.
• Once matched, clients should be contacted by a trainer within 72 hrs.
• Full payment must be received prior to the first training session.
• Payment should be made at the Member Services desk. Credit Cards are the only accepted form of payment.
• Clients must complete and return all Personal Training documents to the Fitness desk or email to Laura Childs, firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to their initial Fitness Assessment.
- Waiver and Assumption of Risk
- Letter of Agreement
- Informed Consent for Fitness Assessment
- Health History Questionnaire
• The Fitness Assessment must be completed prior to the first training session.
• All training sessions last 1 hour.
• Call the WRC Fitness desk (445-478-7545) if you are running late for a training session. Trainers are only required to wait 15 minutes before that session is forfeited.
• If a client is late, the session will only last until the end of hour for which that session was scheduled.
• To cancel an appointment, the client must notify his/her trainer directly at least 12 hours prior to the scheduled session time. Do not call the WRC to cancel or reschedule appointments. Please discuss with your trainer which method of communication is preferred (ie. cell phone, text, email)
• If a client does not give his/her trainer a 12 hour notice, that session is forfeited and will not be rescheduled.
• Clients will receive credit for any training session cancelled by the Trainer, or due to uncontrollable circumstances (i.e. severe weather, power outages), or personal emergencies.
• Males 45 years and older, females 55 years and older, and individuals who have any of the following conditions are required to have a Medical Clearance and Physician's Consent before beginning a Personal Training program:
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure >145/95mmHG)
- Hyperlipidemia (Cholesterol > 220 mg/dl or a total cholesterol-to-HDL ratio of > 5.0)
- Past or present history of Heart Disease
- Abnormal resting EKG
- Acute systemic infection, accompanied by fever, body aches, or swollen lymph glands
- Other conditions that the Trainer may deem to present an unreasonable risk to client’s health if he/she were to participate in a fitness program.
• Clients are required to abide by all WRC Rules & Regulations while working with a trainer.