All full-time, university faculty, staff, emeriti retirees, alumni and community patrons are eligible for membership at the Wellness and Recreation Center.
Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions:
Who is eligible for a WRC membership?
- All full-time Georgia College employees eligible for benefits
- Emeriti retirees
- Community Members
- Part-time GC employees and/or those not eligible for benefits
- Employee spouses/domestic partners
- Non-Emeriti status retirees
- Persons not affiliated with GC
How much are the monthly fees?
- $45/month for full-time employees eligible for benefits and Emeriti retirees
- $50/month for everyone else
Will I have to sign a contract?
How do I register my WRC membership?
Anyone interested in a monthly membership must visit the WRC Member Services desk anytime from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m Monday through Friday.
What is needed at time of Registration?
- Driver’s License
- Debit/Credit Card
What payment options are available ?
- Payroll Deduction (GC Employees and Emeriti retirees only)
- Monthly automatic credit/debit card draft.
Note: First Month's dues must be paid at time of registration via Debit/Credit Card.
Are Guests allowed in the WRC?
GC students, fulltime employees and Emeriti retirees are the only members allowed to purchase a one-day guest pass. Guests must be accompanied with the WRC member. Guests must be 18 years of age and must register their guest account at the Member Services desk prior to accessing the facility. Guests will be required to show driver's license and complete the WRC Facility Usage Forms.
One-day guest passes are $10 and must be paid with a credit or debit card.
What forms will I be required to sign?
- Informed Consent/Release of Liability Agreement
- Acknowledgement of General Policies and Procedures
- PAR-Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire)
- Authorization for Payroll Deduction OR Authorization to Draft Credit/Debit card