Fitness Area Rules and Policies
- All individuals exercise at their own risk.
- Proper exercise attire is required:
- Only full athletic footwear/tennis shoes, clean, full T-shirts and athletic shorts/pants are allowed.
- No tank tops, sleeveless shirts, mesh tops, mid-drifts on any equipment or when participating in any activity in the facility.
- No sandals, slides, boots or open-toe shoes of any kind.
- No short shorts, cut-offs, or blue jeans/denim.
- Shorts must be long enough to cover the buttocks and groin when exercising/stretching. Appropriate support and undergarments are required at all times.
- Any participant not dressed in proper attire will be denied entry or asked to leave. The WRC staff's decision concerning appropriate attire will be final.
- Water and sports drinks in sealable, screw-top containers are the only beverages allowed. Carry-out cups, glass, cans and open containers are not permitted.
- All loose jewelry, bracelets or loop earrings should be removed prior to use of equipment.
- All personal belongings must be stored in a locker, wallet locker, or cubby. Backpacks, book bags and personal items are not allowed in fitness activity areas.
- Cell phones (talking/texting) are not allowed while using exercise equipment or participating in any activity.
- Participants must wipe down equipment following use. Towels and disinfectant are provided and should be returned to the appropriate location after use.
- Groups (more than 3 patrons) and/or team workouts of any kind are not allowed.
- Only staff who are certified and employed by the WRC and approved Ex. Science practicum students are allowed to train users in the facility.
- All facility-related injuries must be reported immediately to the Fitness Assistant or Supervisor on duty.
- Report any damage, equipment malfunction or facility irregularity to the Fitness Assistant on duty.
- Respect for equipment, facilities and the WRC staff should be shown at all times. Anything less is not acceptable.
- Use of cardio equipment will be limited to 30 minutes during peak hours or when others are waiting.
Resistance Training and Conditioning Area
- Do not attempt to use any equipment with loose or damaged parts.
- Do not place hands or feet on or prop anything against the mirrors.
- People socializing in groups that congest the area will be asked to disperse or leave.
- Do not monopolize a select weight station. Allow others to work in and share machines.
- Weightlifting belts may only be worn if they do not come in contact with equipment upholstery.
- DO NOT drop or throw free weights or plates. Slamming of the free weights and/or weight stacks will not be tolerated.
- Using a spotter is recommended on all press stations.
- Collars/locks are required on all free weight bars during use.
- Do not lean or prop free weights/weight plates against mirrors, walls, pillars, benches or equipment.
- Fitness equipment shall not leave the resistance training area.
- All equipment and weights must be returned to the proper location and storage racks after use.
- Users who fail to rack and put their weights back properly may be subject to suspension of facility privileges.
Group Fitness Studio
- Water and sports drinks in sealable, screw-top containers are the only beverages allowed.
- Proper exercise attire is required. *Bare feet, full-coverage tank tops, and other attire appropriate for a specific class format may be allowed during class time only.
- Only non-marking shoes are allowed.
- Report any injuries or equipment problems immediately to the class instructor.
- Do not touch mirrors.
- All Group Fitness equipment is to remain in the Group Fitness Studio and stored properly.
- Only WRC staff is allowed to use the stereo/audio equipment.
- Arrive at least five minutes prior to class starting time to receive directions from the instructor. Space may be limited for some classes.
- All personal items must be stored in the provided cubbies or lockers. Backpacks and purses are not allowed on the floor.
- Silence or turn off all cell phones and electronic devices. Cell phone use during class is strictly prohibited.
- Plan to complete entire warm up and cool down.
- Multiple failures to adhere to instructor cues will result in class suspension.
- Be respectful of the class instructor and other participants. Students disrupting class in any way will be asked to leave.
Group Fitness Studio – Cycling
Policies for Cycling/Spinning classes:
- All first time riders must attend the cycling orientation prior to the start of class.
- Wipe down the bike, including your seat and hand rails when you are finished. Towels and disinfectant are provided.
- Place bikes back in correct storage position before leaving class.
- Track is intended for walking/running use only. No wheels of any kind are allowed on the track.
- Only non-marking, closed-toe, athletic shoes allowed. Spikes, turf shoes, cleats and hard-sole shoes are not allowed.
- See Track Direction signs for daily direction of travel.
- Jogging/Running lanes – 2 & 3 (Outside lanes)
- Walking lanes – 1 (Inside lanes)
- Give right of way to people passing on the track.
- 10 laps = 1 mile
- Warm-up exercises, stretching, walking lunges, and other activities that impede the flow of walkers/joggers are not allowed on the track.
- The track is not an observation area for courts below. No one is allowed to stand on or block any lanes of the track.