Fitness Assessments and Personal TrainingPersonal fitness assessments are offered to students and WRC patrons as a free service. Assessments include evaluation of the following:
- Resting Heart Rate
- Resting Blood Pressure
- Hand Grip Strength
- Body Composition
- Hamstring Flexibility
- Cardiorespiratory Endurance (VO2 max)
The complete assessment provides individuals with a summary of their current physical fitness status. This summary can be used to plan a workout program and formulate a personalized exercise prescription.
A Medical History Questionnaire and Informed Consent for Testing must be completed prior to testing.
To schedule an assessment, stop by the Member Services desk or call 478-445-7777.
Personal Training Program
The WRC Personal Training Program is offered to assist students and employees who are aiming to improve their health and physical fitness. Individual fitness programs are developed and tailored to meet client needs. Our student trainers provide proper exercise instruction, guidance, and motivation to help clients reach their goals.
Applications are not being accepted at this time.
If you need assistance with an exercise program, please contact Laura Childs at (478) 445-7542 or email@example.com.
Ready to Get Started?
- Review ALL Personal Training policies, Complete the Application at the bottom of this page, and submit online. Please provide all available days and times you can work with a trainer.
We do our best to match you with a trainer as soon as possible. However, please understand that most of our trainers are full-time students with limited availability.**Please Note: All males over 44 years old and females 55 years and older with one or more pre-existing risk factors for heart disease are required to have a Medical Release/Physician’s Consent from his/her doctor before beginning the Personal Training program.
All information regarding your program and progress will be kept confidential and remain in our client files for 2 years following the cessation of your participation in the program. Personal Trainers are required to adhere to HIPAA guidelines to protect any vital health information given. Information shall not be discussed with anyone other than your assigned Personal Trainer and the Director of Fitness Operations.
Packages & Rates(A) 6 weeks for $30
(B) 12 weeks for $60
*The Senior Exercise Science Practicum requires students complete 80 hours of Personal Training as a component of the clinical experience. Students are only allowed to train GC students and employees for a reduced fee. The majority of Ex. Science students are not yet certified Personal Trainers, but are training to gain practical skills and knowledge outside the classroom. Due to the clinical requirement to receive academic credit, clients must commit to a 6 or 12-week program and a minimum of two (2) one-hour training sessions per week. There is no charge if additional sessions are agreed upon by the student trainer and client. All WRC Personal Training policies apply to the Student Practicum Package.
*All Sessions must be used during the semester they were purchased.
Training Contract/Letter of Agreement
Once you are matched with a trainer and a mutual agreement has been made to the terms of the actual training program is made, you will be required to acknowledge in writing, sign, and submit the official Letter of Agreement.
Personal Training Policies
- Clients are matched with Trainers based on availability, goals, and preferences provided on the Training Application. Applicants are not guaranteed a Trainer.
- Once matched, clients should be contacted by a Trainer within 5-7 business days.
- Outside Personal Trainers or private, individual training for a profit is not permitted.
- Full payment must be received before beginning the client’s first training session. Accepted forms of payment include debit or credit card. Cash and checks cannot be accepted.
- Payment must be made at Member Services in the WRC. Trainers cannot accept payment.
- A personal Fitness Assessment and Consultation is included with all training packages and must be completed prior to the first training session.
- Personalized exercise prescriptions and fitness programs will be written based on the data collected in the initial assessment and consultation.
- All training sessions last 1 hour.
- Call the WRC Member Services desk, 478-445-7777, if you are running late for a training session. Trainers are only required to wait 15 minutes before that session is forfeited.
- If a client is late, the session will only last until the end of hour for which that session was scheduled.
- If a client needs to cancel, he/she is to directly notify the Trainer a minimum of 2 hours prior to the scheduled session time. Do not call the WRC to cancel or reschedule appointment.
- If a client does not give his/her trainer at least a 2 hour notice, that session is forfeited and will not be rescheduled.
- If a client misses two (2) scheduled sessions, the Training Contract is forfeited.
- Clients will receive credit for any training session cancelled by the Trainer, or due to uncontrollable circumstances (i.e. severe weather, power outages), or personal emergencies. A missed workout session must be rescheduled within 7 days or the credit will be waived.
- Individuals who have any of the following conditions will be required to have a Medical Clearance and Physician's Consent form before beginning a Personal Training program:
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure >145/95mmHG)
- Hyperlipidemia (Cholesterol > 220 mg/dl or a total cholesterol-to-HDL ratio of > 5.0)
- Past or present history of Heart Disease
- Abnormal resting EKG
- Acute systemic infection, accompanied by fever, body aches, or swollen lymph glands
- Other conditions that the Trainer may deem to present an unreasonable risk to client’s health if he/she were to participate in a fitness program.
- Clients are required to abide by all WRC Rules & Regulations while working with a trainer.
You will receive a free fitness assessment with your personal training package. This will be your first meeting with your trainer. The assessment will allow your trainer to have a better understanding of your fitness desire, level and background information regarding your fitness condition. After you have completed the assessment, your data will be analyzed in order to formulate your personalized training program. You and your trainer will set up the first session of your program at the end of your assessment. Fitness Assessments will be done periodically to monitor goals, improvements and changes to your health history.
The Personal Training Program is designed for healthy individuals of the GC campus. The program is not designed for pre or post-natal women, individuals on medication or under the direct care of a physician, or individuals with physiological injury. Individuals with pre-existing conditions and special needs should obtain clearance and instructions from their attending physician prior to participation.