The Wellness and Recreation Department has three pools. The Leisure/Therapy Pool and the Recreation/Lap Pool are both indoor pools that are opened year round and located in the Wellness and Recreation Center. We have an outdoor pool that is opened during the summer months that is located at the Centennial Center.
Wellness and Recreation Aquatic Center
Located in the Wellness and Recreation Center on Georgia College's West Campus, the WRC Aquatic Center is a highlight of the facility! Featuring two pools, the aquatic center is open year-round for GC Students, GC Employee and Community Members of the WRC. Pool Features
Centennial Center Pool
The Centennial Center Pool is a 75' x 45', 6-lane, outdoor pool located at the Centennial Center, near Main Campus. This pool is open seasonally, typically from late April until August.
- The Centennial Pool may be reserved by Registered Student Organizations (RSO's) and University Departments for official departmental activities only. Reservations may be subject to Rental and Lifeguard Fees.
- Rentals for non-university related activities are not allowed at this time.
NOTE: All Summer 2018 Pool Rental Reservations that were confirmed prior to the change in pool management will be honored. Questions regarding current pool rentals should be directed to the Assistant Director of Aquatics, Steven.firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education Programs
The Centennial Pool may be used by individuals or groups registered with a Continuing Education Program during the designated program activity time. For more information, please contact Continuing Education.
Saturday - Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Open Swim is available to actively enrolled, fee paying GC Students and Employee and Community Members of the Wellness and Recreation Center.
- WRC Memberships must be purchased prior to pool use. Memberships can be purchased in-person at the WRC or on-line.
- All adult pool patrons must provide a valid photo ID to gain pool access. (Minors must be accompanied by an adult)
- GC Employee Members of the Wellness and Recreation Center may bring 1 adult and up to 4 children as guests with them to the Centennial Center Pool.
- Community Members of the Wellness and Recreation Center may bring 1 guest, either adult or child, as a guest to the Centennial Center Pool.
- Staff are responsible for the safety of the pool and reserve the right to ask any patron to leave it they feel it necessary, or to close the pool due to inclement weather.
WRC Membership Information
Wellness and Recreation Center Memberships are available to full-time, benefit eligible Georgia College Employees for $25/month. Memberships are also available to Community Members, age 18 and over, for $50/month. All WRC memberships, excluding GC students, are available for purchase at anytime and automatically renew each month. No contracts are required. To register on-line: GC Employees (use Unify credentials), Community Members.