The Participant Policy Manual is intended to provide guidelines for student users and members of the Wellness and Recreation Center. The expectation of users is to uphold the core GC values of Reason, Respect, and Responsibility and act in accordance with the GC Code of Conduct. The use of the Wellness and Recreation Center is a privilege, and individuals not cooperating with established policies may be asked to leave or may have their privileges revoked. The Wellness and Recreation Center staff reserves the right to make judgment and the final decision on policies and regulations not covered in this manual.
Fitness Floor Policies
- Users must check-in via Bobcat Card or Driver's License at the Welcome Desk prior to accessing the Fitness Floor
- Users must be a currently enrolled student, paying the student health fee and WRC building fee, or a monthly paying member 18 years old or older.
- Users must have a signed Release, Waiver of Liability, and Covenant Not to Sue on file.
- Users must have a completed PAR-Q on file.
- Individuals touring the facility may not get on or use any fitness equipment.
- Georgia College is a substance-free campus. Smoking (including e-cigarettes), Tobacco, alcohol, and drugs are strictly prohibited.
- Loud, crude, or foul language is not permitted.
- Respect for equipment, facility, and other patrons must be demonstrated at all times.
- Inappropriate or disruptive behavior (i.e. profanity, fighting, shoving) will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion and loss of WRC privileges.
- Students must accompany their guest(s) at all times.
- Students are responsible for the conduct of their guest(s).