Welcome - ¡Bienvenidos!
I want to introduce our office and myself. My name is Javier Francisco and I coordinate programs aimed at enhancing recruitment, enrollment and graduation of Latino-Hispanic students at Georgia College, the state’s designated Public Liberal Arts University. We provide a residential learning environment and offer over 40 baccalaureate degree majors, including professional degree programs such as business, education and nursing. Our campus provides suite-style residence halls, a state-of-the-art library and our new wellness and recreation center. Check out some of our recent headlines:
- The Princeton Review named Georgia College, A Best in the Southeast.
- Georgia College is listed in Colleges of Distinction, a college guide profiling some of America’s best bets in higher education.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Georgia College 6th in the “A Strong Commitment to Teaching” category among the South’s universities and tied for 2nd among public universities in the South.
- Kiplinger’s ranks Georgia College one of the top 100 values in public higher education in the United States.
- Georgia College ranks #3 in the state of Georgia in average SAT scores of incoming freshmen, behind only Ga. Tech and UGA.
My office is here to address the needs of Latino-Hispanic student, including bilingual campus tours, assist parents with their questions, and provide valuable educational and scholarship resources. If you apply to Georgia College, you will be considered for the Goizueta Scholarship at Georgia College. The scholarship provides up to $4,000 per year for four years. The deadline to apply is April 1, 2016.
Georgia College wants to be at the forefront in shaping the future leaders of the Latino-Hispanic community. Campus Tour reservations can be made online at gcsu.edu/tours. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 478-445-1991 or by e-mail at email@example.com. I look forward to working with you in the coming months and showing you why it's great to be a Bobcat!
For more information you may contact Javier Francisco at 478-445-1991.