All students must complete core courses while working towards a degree in Mass Communication.
Students interested in majoring in Mass Communication must complete and earn a “C” or better in each of the following courses:
- MATH 1401 – Elementary Statistics
- MSCM 2201 – Media Literacy
- MSCM 2205 – Professional Media Writing
- MSCM 3306 – Mass Communication Theory and Research
Upon completion of these prerequisites, students will then be required to complete and earn a “C” or better in:
- Mass Media Law and Ethics (3 credit hours)
- Four skills courses (12 credit hours)
- Two convergent electives (6 credit hours)
- Two cognate courses (6 credit hours)
- Two on-campus practicums (2 credit hours)
- Senior Career Development (1 credit hours)
- Senior Capstone course (3 credit hours)
- Off-campus Internship (3 credit hours)
For a detailed outline, including some specific courses in each area, please refer to the Degree Requirements in the Georgia College catalog.
Students who are found guilty of misconduct at any university level, including but not limited to cheating or plagiarism, will not be allowed to remain in the major.
Department of Communication
219 Beeson Hall | Campus Box 32
Milledgeville, GA 31061