Currently Scheduled Courses
Continuing and Professional Education at Georgia College offers a variety of non-credit courses including professional development and personal enrichment courses. Online and in-person courses are available. Please visit the following link to view the currently scheduled courses.
Courses frequently offered include:
Personal Enrichment Courses
Children's Programs including Summer Camps
Georgia Film Academy for Non-Degree Seeking Students
The Georgia Film Academy is a collaboration of the University System of Georgia and the Technical College System of Georgia created by state leadership to meet education and workforce needs for high demand careers in Georgia’s film and creative industries.
Please follow the link below for more information on this exciting program!
PLUs For Teacher Recertification
Visit the Continuing and Professional Education summer camp website for up-to-date information regarding summer camps.
Our summer camps include:
- Kids' University Summer Day Camp (10 weeks - register by the week)
- Athletics Camps (Tennis, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, and Basketball)
- All Creatures Great and Small! (A one week day camp that's all about animals.)
- Theatre Camp
We also offer swimming lessons during the summer!
Let Georgia College host your conference.
Georgia College's state-of-the-art facilities and beautifully manicured grounds are the ideal location for any conference or charter program.
Please contact a Program Coordinator at 478-445-5277 or e-mail us at email@example.com to begin creating your customized conference at Georgia College.
Road Scholar at Georgia College
Continuing and Professional Education at Georgia College and Road Scholar have been partners for more than 20 years, offering in-depth and behind-the-scenes educational adventures and learning opportunities for seniors.
Contact Continuing and Professional Education at 478-445-5281 for more information.
How We Can Help You
Continuing and Professional Education is here to help you, your employees, and your organization with your training needs. We are dedicated to developing, training, and educating your most vital resource -- your employees. We are always willing to take any course idea, customize it for your organization's particular needs, and present it exclusively to your employees. Our state-of-the-art training can be provided at any time, day or night, and in any location, including your facility, the university, or an off-site location of your choice. We are extremely flexible as our primary goal is to properly train your employees at your convenience.
Why Our Services?
We understand that today's aggressive global business environment combined with rapid technological change present real challenges to organizations and their employees. To help you remain competitive, Continuing and Professional Education at Georgia College provides the following:
We design and implement employee training programs specific to your industry.
We provide training at your convenience.
We offer free, on-site needs assessments to your organization.
We guarantee immediate results as our training is customized for your employees' needs.
We pledge to provide the highest quality instructors, each experienced and fully qualified to provide the training in a practical, real world manner.
We offer high-quality facilities, including conference rooms, meeting rooms, computer labs, arenas, and auditoria, for your meetings.
For further information, or to inquire about specific courses, simply call us at 478-445-5277 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning in Retirement
You are never too old to learn. Georgia College’s Learning in Retirement is dedicated to meeting the intellectual, educational, physical and social needs of retirement-aged individuals, so join us. Learning in Retirement members run the organization by choosing board members and officers. All programs are based on the interests and needs of the members. It is your organization.
Take part in our interesting and enjoyable programs which include:
- Lunch and learns with guest speakers, educational leaders, politicians and community leaders;
- Group trips and adventures to interesting sites such as the Monastery of the Holy Spirit, Andalusia Walking Trail, Jarrell Plantation and many other day trips;
- Special interest groups such as the Book Club and Writers’ Group;
- Regular classroom lectures and discussions;
- Scheduled tours of the Old Governor’s Mansion, Andalusia, Georgia Botanical Gardens and more;
- Discounts to many continuing education courses and other programs on the Georgia College campus;
- Group trips to many cultural and art events at Georgia College, GMC and the Fox Theatre in Atlanta;
- Invitations to symposia and lectures on campus and in the community;
- Campus tours to locations such as the Wellness and Recreation Center, the Library and Information Center, the Black Box Theatre, the Planetarium, the Natural History Museum and more;
- And the list of activities goes on
There are no specific age or previous educational requirements. Membership is open to all retired individuals, or if not retired, to those who are interested in pursuing learning opportunities in a variety of settings without regard to previous levels of formal education. Annual membership dues are only $35 per person.
For additional information, e-mail us, at email@example.com.
Remain active and become a part of our wonderful organization.
To join LIR, complete the Learning in Retirement Membership Form (pdf), enclose your annual membership fee of $35 and write LIR membership on the memo line and mail to:
Learning in Retirement
Campus Box 40
Milledgeville, GA 31061