- Campus Pride
- LGBTQ College and Student Resources
- Diversity and Inclusive Teaching Resources, Vanderbilt University
- American Association of Colleges and Universities Diversity Web
- Project Implicit
- The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
- NACADA Commission on LGBTQ Advising and Advocacy Resources
- Teaching Tolerance
Managing Hot Topics and Difficult Conversations in the Classroom
- #CharlottesvilleCurriculum - If you are a Twitter user, this site provides links and updates to teaching resources related to diversity, racism, hate speech and hate crimes, and other related topics.
- American Federations of Teachers - The American Federation of Teachers has compiled dozens of lesson plans that address racism and stereotyping, immigration, and teaching social justice. Although this site is for K-12 teachers, many of the lessons can be adapted for college students.
- Association of American Colleges and Universities’ Clashes Over Citizenship Webinar Series The three webinars in this series were created “to expand campus expertise on how to hold constructive conversations about contentious issues and how to institute practices in and out of the classroom that foster engagement across differences.”
- Webinar 1: From Fractious Differences to Engaged Dialogues
- Webinar 2: Income Inequality and the Cost of Citizenship
- Webinar 3: I Want My Country Back: Immigration, Race, and Citizenship
- The Southern Poverty Law Center - The Alt-Right on Campus: What Students Need to Know. This guide for students provides them with background on alt-right and white supremacist groups and how to counter them.
- Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching. The Center for Teaching at Vanderbilt University developed the following teaching guides for managing hot topics and difficult discussions in the classroom.
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is a research-based set of principles to guide the design of learning environments that are accessible and effective for all. Below you will find some valuable information on what Universal Design is and how to incorporate Universal Design into your course.
- Universal Design for Learning
- Universal Design for Learning: Definition and Explanation - A 5-Min Video created by Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Oakland University, Rochester, MI
- Introduction to Web Accessibility
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview
- USG Accessibility Information