Paratransit is an alternative mode of flexible passenger transportation that does not follow fixed routes or schedules. The Student Disability Resource Center and Parking and Transportation Services partner to provide expanded services to individuals experiencing permanent mobility issues.

We do not pick up or transport to any locations off of main campus. We cannot provide transport from 4 p.m. - 8 a.m, Monday-Friday and we do not provide weekend transport. Additional assistance may be found through Public Safety: 478-445-4400 and SNAP 478-445-SNAP (7627).

  • If a student has a temporary injury or has had surgery they can go to the Parking and Transportation Office and request a temporary SAD parking pass.
  • Lyft and Uber are now available in the Milledgeville area. 
  • If you live in a private apartment complex in Milledgeville, shuttles have become more robust in their service areas.

If you have a permanent mobility issue and need assistance, please register with our office for paratransit assistance.

  • To provide assistance, please complete a Request for Services form (pdf) and provide a letter from your doctor as documentation indicating the limitations and accommodation recommendations.  
  • Please complete and return a Paratransit Scheduling Form (docx)  so our office can have staff allocated for the times and locations where you need assistance.