How can we help?
Where is the Writing Center?
The Writing Center is located in the Arts & Sciences building across from the Ina Dillard Russell Library. The room number is 2-56A.
How do I set up an appointment?
Through the Unify homepage, click on “Scheduling with the Writing Center.” The link will prompt you to create an account with WCOnline. Once your account is created, you can visit WCOnline to select a day and time that work for you.
What happens if I miss my appointment?
If possible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you can’t make your appointment so another student can sign up for that slot. If you can’t notify us in advance, your tutor will be available for 15 minutes before marking the appointment as a No Show. You can reschedule via WCOnline.
Can I use the writing center if I’m a graduate student?
- Yes! We work with students at all levels.
What can I expect at an appointment?
- Each tutor is trained to help students with writing at all stages of the process, from brainstorming to drafting to polishing. You do not need to prepare anything for your appointment, though it is helpful to bring your assignment sheet. Depending on your priorities for the session, the tutor may talk through the writing process, do exercises such as freewriting, or discuss resources that they think may be helpful.
Can I work with the same writing assistant each time I come to the writing center?
- Yes, you may sign up for appointments with the same or different tutors. You can make appointments in advance through WCOnline.
Do I have to pay to use the writing center?
- No. This service is available at no charge to all Georgia College students.
What if I just need grammatical help or have a quick question?
- All students must make an appointment to talk through their questions with a tutor. We recommend making an appointment even if you have a quick question because you may find other questions come up. You may also refer to the Writing Resources & Tips page to see if the answer to your question is available in one of our handouts.
What if no appointments are available?
- Email email@example.com to ask to be added to a waitlist.
Is the writing center just for English majors?
- No. We work with all students in all disciplines.