Requirements & Expectations
- Maintain a 3.30 or higher institutional GPA. Students whose institutional GPA falls below a 3.30 will be placed on one semester of Honors academic probation. Students whose GPA falls further at the end of the probationary period will be dismissed from the college. Students whose GPA rises, but does not get to 3.30, will be placed on another semester of Honors academic probation.
- Complete at least 18 hours of Honors course credit (Honors courses or Honors Options) to graduate with Honors.
- Remain in good standing with the college - take at least one Honors course or Honors Option each year until the 18-hour requirement is met.
- Be a member of Eta Sigma Alpha (the Honors Student Association).
- Complete an exit survey prior to graduation.
- Take at least 12 hours of academic credit in the fall and spring semesters.
- Participate in the intellectual, cultural, and social life of the Honors College - in dinner seminars, book discussions, service activities, and other events. Students are expected to earn five (5) Honors points each semester by participating in sponsored events.
- Contribute to campus and/or the local community -- take up leadership roles in campus organizations and/or serve the community.
- Exhibit the highest standards of personal behavior.*
- Graduate within four years.
*Honors students found to be in violation of the Honor Code and/or the Code of Conduct may be dismissed from the program at the discretion of the dean and the Honors Faculty Council.