Completing the Leadership Academy is a direct investment in the future.
It will open up countless opportunities and position your student for wonderful opportunities—at Georgia College and beyond.
Your student will have access to a nationwide network of engaged program alumni and will enjoy special access to select events, visiting VIPs, and networking opportunities. Graduating from the Leadership Academy will also prequalify your student for admission to the Leadership Certificate Program and the Georgia Education Mentorship Program. In the Leadership Academy, your student will enjoy the mentorship of an expert faculty and trained consultants and facilitators.
Affordability and Value
The Leadership Academy offers strong value for students, with a total program fee of only $95. The State of Georgia has allocated funds to keep the program affordable for our students, and our donors provide one-third of our annual budget, as well as generous scholarships.
There are no ongoing costs associated with the Leadership Academy, and the program fee provides for all program expenses, including travel, conference registrations, meals, and materials.
Additionally, your student will receive:
- CliftonStrengths for Students assessment, interpreted by a Gallup® Certified Strengths Coach.
- Personalized comprehensive leadership profile and regular one-on-one consulting.
- Customized leadership-development plan and learning experiences based on your leadership profile.
- Leadership Academy t-shirt and other GC spirit wear.
- Exclusive access to leadership luncheons and dinners with distinguished guests.
- Signature retreats, travel, conferences, and site visits across Georgia.
- Exclusive access to online leadership-development toolkit and resources.
Thanks to our generous alumni and donors, the Leadership Academy offers up to twenty fully funded scholarships each year.
Supporting Your Student
As with everything awaiting your student in the coming months, you'll want to strike a balance of offering support and providing independence. We recommend asking your student about milestones in the Leadership Academy and checking in periodically about how things are going.
- Which pathway did you choose?
- Did you enjoy your first leadership-development consultation? What did you learn?
- Who have you met through the Leadership Academy?
Additionally, many of our events are free and open to the public, including our Inspire! Forum on Leadership, always scheduled in the evenings. If you would like to join your student on campus, the Inspire! Forum, followed by dinner together, can be a wonderful opportunity.
Our students rely on the generosity of donors, organizations, and foundations to support our programs. Your gifts will help sustain teaching, student scholarship, research, and public service. One-time gifts, pledges, and corporate matching gifts, you and your family can leave your mark at Georgia College.
Connect with Us
We have good material to support your leadership journey as well. Connect with us online and personalized leadership content, as well as regular updates about our activities and opportunities, including our Inspire! Forum on Leadership.
Georgia College and the Leadership Academy comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (often referred to as FERPA or the Buckley Amendment). FERPA is a federal law that affords students certain rights regarding access and release of their education records. For further information regarding FERPA, please consult the Office of the Registrar.