Project BRAVE and the Women’s Center serve as the on-campus focal point for services related to sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, and sexual harassment.
The Women’s Center offers the following free support services to students, faculty, and staff who have been impacted by sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking, and sexual harassment. Our services are open to individuals of all genders.
Services offered by the Women’s Center:
- Individual support and crisis intervention
- Community groups
- Support and assistance to friends and family
- Accompaniment to law enforcement, medical-forensic exams, or other meetings (upon request)
- Information about reporting options
- Information about counseling options on and off campus
- Assistance with referrals for academic relief and other types of academic assistance
- Information about medical-forensic exams
- Assistance in finding safe housing if you feel unsafe in your own home or residence
- Assistance in safety planning.
- Information about other campus and community resources
- Information and support for faculty and staff on how to support students who disclose a sexual assault or other forms of gender-based violence
A note about confidentiality of services:
The Women’s Center is here to provide a safe space and will make every effort to preserve our clients' privacy. In certain situations, information may be shared with other university departments in order to assist survivors, to provide for the safety of survivors, and/or provide for the safety of the campus community. If you have questions about confidentiality and privacy at the Women’s Center or other university departments, please contact us for further explanation.
The Women’s Center is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Appointments can be made by calling (478)445-8519 or stopping by during regular business hours.
In case of an emergency please dial Campus Police at (478) 445-4400 - they can reach the staff member on duty.
Downloadable Fact Sheet about Power-Based Interpersonal Violence
Downloadable Reporting Options