The mission of the Center for Student Success is to help students succeed in their academic studies, fully realize their intellectual and leadership potential, and graduate in a timely manner as the benefit from the distinctive liberal arts education that Georgia College offers.
Strategic Goals for the Center for Student Success
The Center for Student Success strives to help students succeed academically, fully realize their scholarly and leadership potential, and graduate in a timely manner as they benefit from the distinctive liberal arts education that Georgia College offers.
- To use data more effectively to establish attainable success targets, improve service delivery, and report outcomes and achievements in semester reports to the campus community
- To initiate, change, or fine-tune student program delivery in order to support increased first-and second-year retention, four-year graduation rates, and overall student satisfaction and success.
- To engage in on-going faculty and campus outreach in order to build effective partnering relationships that promote student success.
- To develop proactive strategies to support the engagement, retention, and success of historically underrepresented students.
- To tell the story of our success more broadly through our website, our newsletter, print brochures, social media, and other forms of communication.
- To participate regularly in training and professional development opportunities that help us become intentional and effective academic support professionals.