The Women's Center fosters community, equity, and empowerment around gender and sexual identities through exploration, education, support, and leadership development. The Women's Center supports and affirms every student inclusive of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and expression. Utilizing a feminist and intersectional lens, we work to achieve our mission through:
- Facilitating student development and critical thought through co-curricular experiences that affirm students’ identities and foster leadership opportunities;
- Educating our community about the ways in which gender intersects with other identities, interacts with systems, and influences our experiences;
- Providing support services to members of the GC community, with a focus on centering the experiences of those who are LGBTQ+ identified, have been impacted by PBIV, and/or gender-based oppression;
- Creating intentional spaces to reflect on individual, as well as collective, experiences and identities;
- Providing opportunities for engagement, collaboration and taking action around issues of gender equity and social change.